Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Blessed with Bliss



I'm in complete bliss after this past weekend. It was filled with my two favorite things: family & friends. I got to fly home Friday night (thanks to my parents) and squeezed in celebrating a few special occasions.


There was a going away party for katie (Weebee), a wedding reception for Maddie (Mad-dawg), and a quarter century birthday for Vanessa (VV). And since I will be in California for my birthday this year, my family celebrated my birthday a couple weeks early (its not mykapalooza unless it last for 3 weeks!)


Throughout the weekend there were lots of laughs, silliness, burgers (a total of three were consumed this weekend), wiggle hugs, creeping, reminiscing, and catching up. I couldn't help but thank God for just how truly blessed I am. I am so thankful to have so many people- family and friends, that I love and truthfully respect. What else could a girl really need?


I normally try and keep things like this to myself, but today I came across this and couldn't agree more...


Psalm 104:1-2
Bless the lord, o my soul! O lord my God, you are very great! You are clothed with splendor and majesty, covering yourself with light as with a garment, stretching out the heavens like a tent.


Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.0

2 comments:

  1. Perfectly done, little one! Love you, miss you, counting the days until I come to Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute....did you snap this pic when I was correcting my overshot of the Westbound 202??? I tried to act all cool about it, but I was a little (a lot) embarassed! (and then I tried to cover with "Kind of good to find a back door way into Scottsdale", were you thinking, "Sure, why not, at 5 AM when I have a flight to catch! Let's just drive around town a bit"?) Not used to the new route, and then you were the last one to board....oh my gosh, it would have been my fault if you had missed that flight! Yikes! Glad you still love me!

    ReplyDelete