Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Company Party



The company I currently work for, Stampington & Company, had it's Christmas Party yesterday. During lunch a Panini food truck was parked in our parking lot and we were able to place our orders and then eat and be merry with our co-workers. There was also a Tacky Christmas Sweater competition that was going on, and I was in it to win it. The night before I had rented a movie (which ended up being horrible) and decided to make my own tacky sweatshirt*. Anyways, I won 2nd place and got a nice little goodie bag. Our company photographer, Johanna, snapped some pictures of the three winners (Nichole, Me, and Cynthia) and they turned out pretty funny. We tried to do our best "awkward office photos," and I think we succeeded. I then played around with the saturation, levels, contrast, and colors a little bit in Photoshop to make it look a little dated. All-in-all, it was a nice little break from the work-day!

Did your place of work do anything fun this year?

*I bought the red sweatshirt and turtle-neck from K-Mart and then cut green triangles out of different colored green felt squares. I then combined all the triangles into a pattern to form one giant tree and tacked them on with stitching glue. Each triangle represents an employee, so I wrote everyone's name in permanent marker under the triangles (tacky enough, right?) To finish the whole thing off, I used used some puffy paint to add ornaments to the trees and to also write "Stampington and Company" at the top. Ta-da! That sounds like a lot more work than it really was, the whole thing only took my about a hour (at most). 


1 comment: